Daily Illustration 9/7/16

So, I use my daily illustrations to work on different aspects of my work. For instance, at the moment I'm studying various styles of kidlit art and playing around with the different elements.

That's really, in my experience, how an artist eventually develops their own style. While some elements of a given artist's style may be inherent to them (specific to the way they move, etc.) most come from study and practice, the build up of one learned technique or preference overlaying another and another and another until it creates something distinct. The process can be conscious or unconscious--although I feel unconscious takes longer and that focused studies are really the way to go if you want to develop quickly.

And, in that vein, I'm working with various styles, using line art and not using line art, integrating the line art this way or that, creating different textures, different palettes, different levels of detail and types of composition. So, I'd love to know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts