Book Review: Lavinia by Ursula LeGuin

LaviniaLavinia by Ursula K. Le Guin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While there were a few things that I didn't like, overall I found this to be a wonderful book that I absolutely could not put down. I love Ms. LeGuin's writing and this book was no exception. I thought the style was wonderful, and the character voice was stunning. The first person really works here, as this is very much Lavinia's story. I loved the early Roman setting and the way Ms. LeGuin really brought it to life, filling it with so many wonderful and expressive details that made it shine. I also loved the way Ms. LeGuin intertwined Virgil's Aeneid with story, pulling out aspects and elements that made this a lovely read.

View all my reviews

Comments

Edinburgh Flats said…
Great review! I have this book on my wishlist and your review makes me want to read it even more:)
Marion Sipe said…
Thank you! It's an excellent book and it was so nice to read something so absorbing!

Popular Posts