What I'm Writing

First, I apologize for the lack of posting this weekend. I started writing a post on swords and now it's 2,000 words long and I'm still not done. *hangs head* And it's not just me being long winded, either! There's so much to cover! So, obviously, I'm going to have to break it down into smaller posts. That's great in that I'll soon have a series on swords, but not so great because it means I still need to work on it. Plus, other random information keeps popping up when it really belongs in a post on say... armor, or non-sword weapons, or tactics or... Yeah. So, basically, the post draft is breeding like a tribble and I'm just trying to keep up. :-D

Other than that, I have finished Blood Home (Yay!! Finally!!), but I'm not sure that I'm happy with it. It's missing something. Maybe it's not scary enough? Maybe it's a little melodramatic? I don't know yet, and I haven't decided whether I would bring shame upon my house by posting it to be critted. I'll probably put it up anyway, but it may need another pass before it's ready. *shakes head* Is it any wonder a short story takes me forever? I find them so much harder than novels.

I've started working my way through Fated. It rambles in spots, and I can practically see how the cogs were turning in my head when I was writing it. I realized part of the reason I've had a problem with it was that the repercussions of some of my worldbuilding wasn't reflected in the world at large. Creative dissonance. *nods* So, I'll have to make some changes, and that's always dangerous because you never know when one little detail is going to mean massive rewrites. While I'm working through Fated, I'm going to write the last scene for the first re-draft of Glass and Steel, that way, even if Fated takes a while, I'll have two stories at least first drafted and nearly ready for crit.

I'm also working on the second round content edits for Getting Ahead. It's proving an interesting, if occasionally daunting, challenge! Sketching ostriches is oddly challenging as well. They're very... bumpy. :-D Technically I shouldn't be doing it until next month, because it's part of my worldbuilding for the NaNo novel. There will be bird-riders and I'd like to have some basic understanding of how an ostrich (and other large, flightless birds) move and look. Maybe I'll post my sketches next month and we can all have a chuckle. :-D

Lastly, a confession. I suck at Twitter. While I often bounce from one thing to another, when I'm working on something that's where my mind is. Tweetdeck flashes up in the corner, and it might as well be in the next room for all the attention I have to spare it. Sometimes, I'll sit back to consider a story and realize I've missed hundreds of tweets. So, I'll keep trying, but that's why I'm not the most talkative person when it comes to tweeting.

Comments

Alexander said…
Great post – I’m going to Tweet about your blog.
Marion Sipe said…
Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog!

Popular Posts