Writing Update

Due to rolling power outages, I was basically computer-less all morning and much of the day. (The horror!) But, I did manage to hand write ten pages for Fated. It's a short story I've been trying to get right for a while. I really like the idea, and I think I've finally come up with something that will work and be fun and entertaining as well. I'll have to wait and see how it comes out.

I'm mulling over some plot and structure problems with Sings the Distant Heart. I just need to transition from where I am to where I'm going. Aren't those always the tricky spots? I started working on Fated because it was a clean slate--I deleted the last attempt--but I already knew where I wanted it to go, so all I have to do was write it.

I need to concentrate on short story writing for a while, which is fine as I still need to edit two novels. It takes a while, to get from that first draft to the final product. At least it does for me.

How about you guys? About how long does it take you to get from a finished first draft to a finished short story?

Comments

Popular Posts