Another Hello Post

Starting to get back into the swing of things, although I still feel as if I’m always behind. You know how it goes. I’ve been staying off the CC forums, concentrating on crits, writing, work and trying to find at least some time to spend with the fiancĂ©. I’m hoping to have some interesting posts to make soon, rather than these “Hi again” posts, which are frankly pretty boring. *G*

I’m getting close to the end of my first pass edit on Court of Scales, but I have two more passes planned and one of those is the a language edit that takes me a while. I’m hoping to have it done and ready for submission by the end of the week. It’s long, but hopefully I’ll be able to cut it down a little. I need to re-sub two stories, “Past the Setting Sun” and “Revenants,” which I’m hoping to get done tonight.

I’ve been reading “The Book of Taltos” by Steven Brust lately and I’m having trouble getting into it. It reads a bit like a noir, which I like in theory. I don’t mind first person, usually, so I don’t think that’s it, and it’s got some interesting world-building, but it’s just not engaging me. *shrugs*

I’m also reading “Physics of the Impossible” by Michio Kaku and that’s good. It doesn’t go into as much detail as I’d like in some areas, but it’s got interesting ideas and thoughts and mentions the experiments and advances to back them up.

Comments

Jean Davis said…
Vlad Taltos is one of my favorite characters. :) Honestly, I think the first three books were the best because they were fresh and funny. Though I enjoyed Vlad's wit in all of them, the later ones don't stand out in my memory like the first ones.
Marion Sipe said…
I'll have to check out the first books, because I like aspects of the Book of Taltos, and the style in some respects, but it's just not grabbing me. It could entirely be because I'm reading them out of order! :D

Popular Posts